Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not Only Double Mac's


The McDonald’s on West Main Street in New Britain, on Wednesday nights, not only serves its customers double Mac’s but doubles “Kimble’s” as well. Yes that is right double “Kimble’s” for the enjoyment of the restaurant’s customers.


Sam, Sr. is the band leader and plays the piano while his son Sam, Jr. supports his dad’s music with his base. Amazingly there were at least one hundred or so friends, meeting with each other while dancing, and enjoying the great music.


While interviewing the father of the Kimble clan I expressed my amazement “there’re is a lot of new faces here tonight.” His immediate comment was “the faces changes many times over.” In a joking manner I immediately asked him “why are you still here?” His facial expression to that question was all the answer I needed.


Sam, Sr. a former resident of New Britain, has never forgotten his roots with his not only providing good music for his long time friends but also teaches computer techniques to the seniors at New Britain’s Senior Center.


The City of New Britain always presents cultural activities throughout our great city and really should add the Wednesday nights events at McDonald’s to their list of events.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story; and I plan to stop by next Wednesday.

Helen from South Street of New Britain.

Anonymous said...

I hope to meet the father and son they sound like they are the type of people I should meet.

Anonymous said...

I been there it is great entertainment.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice night out without having to spend a lot. I am looking forward to checking it out.

Anonymous said...

I will take my mom this coming Wednesday.

Plainville

Web Tracking
Online Florist