Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Current City Officials Absent for the Library Fund Rasier

This past Saturday evening (9/29/12) there was a fundraiser for the NB Public Library, at the Library. My wife and I are members as our many of our friends. While there were not many people there, I understand that there were hundreds of tickets sold. That was nice to hear.


My point in writing this letter is this; Mayor O'Brien and his administration have an official voice in determining the amount of funding the NB Public Library and its affiliate receive. Already, there was an attempt by the Mayor to decrease funding for these entities during the budget sessions. Now that threat is rearing its ugly head again.

The Library is a very important service to the citizens of NB as can be attested to by the thousands of citizens that use it every year. I did not see any current Council members, the Mayor or any of his Staff at this fundraiser, nor were there any Directors or Department Heads present. Not one State Representative nor our current State Senator. That is very sad and I consider it an affront to this fine Public Institution and their staff, many of whom are volunteers. Also, I did not notice any member of the local media at this event. This event was advertised for over a month and while I realize that people may have had other long standing plans, seeing no current city officials there was a disgusting example of lack of support.

Some former NB politicos were present such as, Congresswoman Nancy Johnson and husband Ted, former Alderwoman Barbara Canzonetti, former Alderman Mark Bernacki and his wife Maria, I and my wife Dottie and Diedre Ierardi.

It was a very nice event with good food and entertainment.

On Oct 2, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Louis Salvio wrote:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have summed it up by saying that current city officials are simply absent.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather shoot a nail gun into my head than hang out with people like Lou Salvio and his wife or Nancy Johnson. That's why there was a shortage of public officials.

Anonymous said...

Lou, we were all at the annual NAACP event. You probably didn't get an invitation to that one. Shocker.

Lou Salvio said...

Frank:

It's unfortunate that there are those that feel that this issue has something to do with "hanging out with me me and my wife and Nancy Johnson" or being at another event which, i acknowledged. There are those that think it's more important to focus their hatred and bile on me and others.

Today, I learned that the O'Brien Administration will cut funding to the NB Public Library and the Youth Museum. I guess that's of greater importance than dissing me. Yet another commenter hurls a racist comment at me. A sad commentary as to what some consider as important.

Once again, I sign my name to my comments unlike those of you benthic creatures.

Web Tracking
Online Florist