Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letter to the Editor by Council Minority Leader Louis Salvio

1/23/11

Dear Editor:

It appears that the Herald is playing some type of game with its on-line publication.

An article entitled, "Free Ride" was a front page article in Saturday's Herald, yet, it was not included in the on-line edition on Saturday. Thus, none could post any comments re the article. Surprisingly, the article appeared in today's on-line Herald.

One Herald reader commented recently about The Herald sanitizing it's on line publication.

If one reads the comments posted for the Free Ride article, one of the comments was posted by someone under the moniker, "Disserviced" & appears to relate solidly to today's Herald Editorial, [Our View; Absence of candidates is bad for the process]. "Disserviced's comments sound very much like those made recently by, DTC Chair, John McNamara. Could it be?!

The editorial (my opinion) makes some ridiculous assertions, to wit: "The people of the 25th District are being denied that choice." - presumably by Republicans, all of them! ; also, "We find it hard to believe that, nowhere in the 25th District, there's a Republican worthy of the Town Committee's support and if there is no such person - not even someone willing to run as a "sacrificial lamb" or as a standard bearer for the party - what does that say about the city GOP?" I take exception to that statement; I am a member of the city GOP and can tell you flat out that we don't operate that way. The Herald is actually suggesting that the Republicans ask somebody to be dishonest. WHY? To satisfy the Herald's left leaning editorial writers and John McNamara?

The Herald has a short memory. When new officers were chosen for the NB GOP Town Committee, the officers sent out a general request to NB Republicans asking any Republican to come forward if they had an interest in running for any office.

And finally, the most ridiculous statement of all in the editorial, and I quote, "... - but we also believe that Republicans lost the right to complain about Democrats in this District when they chose not to offer an alternative." NOW, REPUBLICANS ARE DENIED RIGHTS BY THE HERALD !!!!!!!! Did John McNamara and an erstwhile alderman join the Herald's editorial staff?

"OUR VIEW", TODAY, IS BAD WRITING AND IT IS ALSO ACCUSATORY AND INFLAMMATORY!

THE HERALD OWES ALL REPUBLICANS AND ESPECIALLY THE NB GOP TOWN COMMITTEE AN EARNEST APOLOGY.


Lou Salvio
103 Russwin Rd.
New Britain

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did John McNamara and an erstwhile alderman join the Herald's editorial staff?

It Sounds like they have joined the Herald staff. John and Phil.

Lou: You have that right as usual.

GOP guy said...

Lou,
You raise some good points, but they don't need bother apologizing to me, because I wouldn't give anyone at the Herald the time of day. In my opinion, The Herald has proven itself to be a worthless left wing propaganda machine for the Democratic Party. I can't remember the last time I actually read the tripe that they publish. Their style of reporting (if you want to call it that) makes me ashamed to admit that I delivered their paper when I was a young lad.

C.P.O.A said...

Mr Salvio do you ever reply in less than 300 words? no need for over doing it.Less frequency Mr Salvio please

Lou Salvio said...

" C.P.O.A said...
Mr Salvio do you ever reply in less than 300 words? no need for over doing it.Less frequency Mr Salvio please

January 24, 2011 9:10 AM"

I don't know of any C.P.O.A. member that doesn't feel free to call me in person to complain about anything. I think the "C.P.O.A." alias that this blogger used is a fake. I am also truly sorry that the blogger doesn't like my lengthy comments on the blogs, or their frequency. I usually put my name on what I write. If, in the future, you see my name on something, don't read it!

The same thing happens to when I am trying to get a message from my wife. Too many details. Drives me crazy

Web Tracking
Online Florist