Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Independent Party of Connecticut Endorses

PRESS RELEASE
October 17, 2013
For Immediate Release
Contact: Justin Dorsey
860-416-4909
 
Cites Stewart's message of fiscal responsibility
NEW BRITAIN, CONN. (October 17th, 2013) - "Erin's message of fiscal responsibility and government accountability is the right one for New Britain," Connecticut Independent Party Chairman Michael Telesca said Tuesday in his party's endorsement of mayoral candidate Erin Stewart.

"New Britain residents and businesses cannot afford future tax hikes. The city already has the second highest taxes in Connecticut. That's why New Britain needs a mayor who will fight for overburdened taxpayers. New Britain needs Erin Stewart, and the Connecticut Independent Party is proud to endorse Erin," Telesca said.

Stewart, who earned the nomination for mayor from the Republican Town Committee in July and is running with a diverse slate that includes Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians, said she is grateful to have received the official Independent endorsement.

"My vision for New Britain is supported by taxpayers regardless of their party affiliation, and that's why I am so honored by the Independent endorsement," Stewart said.  "As mayor, I will represent all city taxpayers: Independents, Democrats, Republicans, and Unaffiliated voters.  As mayor, my priority will be to make New Britain a government of the people, by the people and for the people," said Stewart, who grew up in a family with notable local city Democrats and Republicans. 

"The only way New Britain can move forward is if we join together to confront and overcome our challenges," Stewart added. "I love this city.  I was born and raised here, I was educated here, and I have served the community for the past decade.  I know we can do better.  My brand of leadership will be open, honest, transparent and responsive to city residents and businesses," Stewart said.

Stewart, who graduated from New Britain High School and Central Connecticut State University, has dedicated the last 10 years of her life to volunteerism and service in the city of New Britain.

"As I campaign across our city, I have knocked on the doors of many Independent voters," Stewart added.  "Independents want the same things for New Britain that I want: A government that does not waste our tax dollars, a government that does not keep raising our taxes, and a government that listens to us. Independent voters know that New Britain does not have that government in city hall now.  Like me, they are disappointed with our current leadership.  They know our city needs to change," Stewart said.

"I am grateful for the Independent Party's support.  My campaign continues to gain momentum because voters want straight talk and straight answers.  My pledge is simple: I will work on behalf of all New Britain residents," Stewart said.

"A new generation of leadership is coming to New Britain. Over the next two and a half weeks, I will continue to criss-cross New Britain to talk with taxpayers. On Nov. 5, I ask for your vote.  Together, we are going to make our city great again," Stewart said.



Michael Telesca, Chairman

Independent Party of Connecticut

203-982-8578

# # #
Erin Stewart, 26, a lifelong resident of the City of New Britain, comes from a family with a respected tradition of community service.  She is a product of the New Britain Consolidated School District and a graduate of Central Connecticut State University.  Learn more at www.stewartfornb.com.
Paid for by Stewart for New Britain, Kimberly A. Jehning, Treasurer.  Approved by Erin E. Stewart.

No comments:

Web Tracking
Online Florist