Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hometown Grille's first Anniversary, East Berlin, Ct.



With the Hard economic times surrounding the restaurant industry such as the closing of many restaurants throughout our state, Mr. Michael Vince of Prospect, Ct. stated it is hard to survive but "I am looking forward to next year." Before purchasing this location Mr. Vince brought with him twenty five years of experience in this business.

He approached this venture after knowing that two former owners failed at this location also known as the route 72 diner. He continued by citing that "the political arena has done little in helping out small business ventures such as mine."
I arrived Sunday morning, shortly after 11 AM, finding the parking lot full with approximately 110 patrons enjoying their breakfasts inside.

With four waitresses serving their guests, adding the kitchen help required to handle the many orders from their customers, this business is bent on survival and will not accept defeat.

I was a customer of the old Route 72 Diner, but I had never experienced having to look for an empty seat like I did this morning.

I wish Mr. Vince and his staff a very happy anniversary and success for many years to come.

Frank Smith

3 comments:

The Thorn said...

I don't know much about the restaurant business, but I do know when you see a parking lot full of cars and people waiting for tables, that is usually a sign of good food and great service!

Anonymous said...

I have eaten at the Hometown a couple of times when I was in the area. I was happy with the service and the food was good. I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a quick and inexpensive breakfast or lunch.

Anonymous said...

I travel around the state a lot and I have always found the people here to be very friendly. The food is always better than most diners in the area too.

Web Tracking
Online Florist