Thursday, October 31, 2013

A team Stewart Candidate tells it as it is Against New Britain's Alderman Landlord, Platosz


Being a newcomer to this year's election cycle it has been quite the challenge for me.  I knew how tough it would be with all the campaigning that takes place and all the time and effort that is needed.  It's an opportunity that each candidate fights for to obtain that position that they are running for.  I've really faced some challenges along the way and found that some people just don't seem to be the one that you really imagined them to be. I try to see the good in people but sometimes it just doesn't happen.  I was asked to run for office back in July and I was very grateful for an opportunity to be a part of this city that I have been born and raised in.  I thought to myself how great it would be to clean this city up and be a voice for every citizen that needs to be heard.

 In July I rented a place from Adam Platosz who currently sits on the council.  On July 19th I had attended the Republican endorsement meeting and had been nominated as Alderman in District 2.  

Yes, I then found out I was indeed running against Adam, but already moved into the apartment a week prior.  On July 21st, Sunday morning, I had received a phone call from Mr. Platosz asking me "what was going on"? I responded that I was running for alderman and that I was given the chance to do something for this city.  He responded by telling me" that it's a lot of work and that I would never be able to handle it."  Then he proceeded to tell me "that an eviction will be issued." He said, quote unquote, that it was a slap in his face with everyone is laughing at him. So basically he gave me an option to not run or to lose my home.

 For someone who sits on the council and to make threats as serious as that, really speaks of that one's character. He is the one who voted for tenants to live in an environmentally safe environment but, he himself has several violations in that apartment, no smoke detectors what so ever with ceiling tiles in the bathroom that were covered with urine, mold as well as unsafe wiring and faulty fixtures. With my complaints to the city health department falling on deaf ears.  
This man also entered my apartment when I was not home without any reason and without notifying me, invading my privacy,  police were called.  No individual should have to live in fear wondering if this person is coming into the apartment when asleep.

 The eviction did take place and I am so grateful to be out of there and finally getting the peace that was needed. So for someone to sit there and say that I would never be able to handle this position is sadly mistaken.  Honestly, I've been through a lot in my life and I'm not going to sit back and let this man get away with the things he had done and the things he continues to do. It's true what they say, "You never really know someone until you live with them"!  Adam can  deny and fabricate anything he wants, but the truth is the truth.
 I believe Adam feels threatened to lose his position on the council, because my move, is still within his district and he should, because there are far better candidates that can do a better job that clearly he never did or has done!

Everything happens for a reason and when you do wrong to someone, it really comes back on you.  I don't put anyone down by any means because God knows we all have our experiences and challenges that we face each day of our lives, but to threaten people is uncalled for.  Whether I win this election or not, I will hold my head up high, embrace everything and take this as a learning experience and keep trying until I succeed.  I was given this chance and I'm not going to back down. I care about this city I live in and will work as hard as I can to make it a better place.  It's not about ourselves, it's about this city and every individual that resides in it.

Diane Domejczyk, A team Stewart candidate.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what to believe in this story. But I do believe, because we sit it over and over again, that she had no idea she was running against Adam P. How said, that these folks that are being nominated have been so inactive that they don't even know what districts they live in even after getting on the ticket. PATHETIC. We should be able to nominate people that at least meet the bare minimum.

Anonymous said...

If this eviction went through the housing court and it was determined to be a valid eviction, then who cares? It's a free country. That is what the court is for. If this lady has a problem with the eviction it is up to the judge to decide. You can evict someone from your own house. This isn't communist Russia. Of course, I would guess there are two sides to the story. Sounds like a disgruntled tenant. They never think they are in the wrong.

Anonymous said...

It appears that Anonymous #1 is a victim of his own naiveté. Adam Platosz is the "Sergeant Schulz" of the Council. He's there to vote any way the Ds tell him like Centeno, Collins, Black and Hermanowski, Eva M. and Manny Sanchez.

Anonymous said...

It appears that Anonymous #1 is a victim of his own naiveté. Adam Platosz is the "Sergeant Schulz" of the Council. He's there to vote any way the Ds tell him like Centeno, Collins, Black and Hermanowski, Eva M. and Manny Sanchez.

Anonymous said...

I highly doubt that it could have been a "valid" eviction after only 3 weeks of occupancy. And the deflection of blame because she is an "inactive" candidate is ridiculous. My guess is that her "inactivity" was based on the fear of retaliation from a landlord who was already threatening her. This is a clear abuse of power. It took courage to come forth with this Diane. Thank you.

C. Cheney

Anonymous said...

Knowing Adam so well, I was wondering why there was no reference to his drinking?

Anonymous said...

Little Mack must be very proud!

Anonymous said...

Heck, he went around saying he was, and even said it was because she was running against him. Where are the state elections, or police on this. I bet he gets arrested right before the election if he doesnt drop out, BUT the dems will leave him on the ballot either way.

Then you have the Rev or Bishop Brown ( or what ever he is calling himself today) the convited, and self admitted criminal from NY, oh yeah and tax cheat

Anonymous said...

Pastor Rha-Sheen D. Brown, “Pastor Rez”, was born on December 7, 1975 in Brooklyn, New York to Deborah Brown and Lonnie Owens.
Pastor Rez had to overcome various trials and tribulations throughout his life. His father separated from them and later died in a car accident, when Pastor Rez was only 5 years. His mom resorted to the rough lifestyle of Brooklyn and began to sell drugs, running numbers and running cons. She eventually became a crack cocaine addict.
She and her son became homeless and went from shelter to shelter. Child welfare took Pastor Rez from his mom’s custody when she left him in the shelter by himself. At this time Pastor Rez was 12 years old and going from foster home to foster home.
When everyone thought that Pastor Rez was nothing and they had given up on him, he began to think that the streets would accept him. He began to sell drugs and became very rebellious. Pastor Rez surrounded himself with people who were thieves and murderers.
In 1994, when he was 19 years old, Pastor Rez was arrested on multiple charges that could have had him in jail for the rest of his life. But God was watching over him the entire time. Pastor Rez’s mother, who at this time was clean and in the Lord, interceded in prayer.
After only 6 months, Pastor Rez was released from jail. Even though Jesus released him, Pastor Rez was a 5% and believed himself to be God. Later Jesus Christ would give him the other 95 % and make him 100% whole, in Jesus Christ.
Pastor Rez had a son out of wedlock before he went to jail. When he was released, he brought him back home with him for a better life. He had another child, this time it was a girl, and he would later marry her mother.
Pastor Rez stayed out of trouble and accepted the Lord in March of 1998. He got ordained as a Youth Minister in 2000. He also married his daughter’s mother, Evangelist Briggitte Brown, that year, and the Lord blended the whole family together.
Pastor Rez devoted and offered up to the Lord, his gift of Rap and poetry. Now a licensed Pastor, Pastor Rez birthed Right Now Ministries, which is an outreach to all people.
In 2003 Pastor Rez’s wife gave birth to their youngest daughter. Pastor Rez, his wife and three children are on a mission for the Lord and His people.

Anonymous said...

Why would the police get involved? For using the court process to evict a tenant? Don't be silly.

Anonymous said...

The eviction was negotiated with the housing court. His allegations proved untrue by his own admission and she didn't want to stay anyhow.

Anonymous said...

She didn't want to stay because of the many safety violations that exist in this property.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would the police get involved? For using the court process to evict a tenant? Don't be silly.


If the allegations are true, perhaps a civil suit is more appropriate. Did the tenant speak to a good attorney?

Anonymous said...

Why would the police get involved?- because even if you are an alderman- and own a property- entering someones apartment without permission when they are not home (and doing GOD KNOWS WHAT)- is illegal.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like one of those slumlords the Mayor is always babbling about.

Anonymous said...

Read the article, the police got involved when he entered the apartment without consent. I would call the police too! You never know the sick people that are around and what they are capable of. I really commend her for speaking out about what happened. Not too many would do that.

Anonymous said...

I still think the civil route is the answer. I hope she talks to a lawyer soon.

Anonymous said...

referring to Adam as Sgt. Schultz is insulting to Nazis everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Is the bar at the 8th Ward in his district? If not, it should be.

Web Tracking
Online Florist